Thursday 30 August 2012

Garden 2012 no 14 ( a little late)



I’ve just found a garden blog ( Garden 2012 no 14 ) that has never been posted, not on Multiply where it was intended, or on any of the other blogs I’ve started recently. This is one that was missed in the chaos that is/ was my surgery combined with the scramble to set up a new online base. This must have been one of the last things I wrote before we were told of Multiplies eminent demise.

Written on 31.07.2012

After my weekend away the first thing I did was to admire the garden. Every time I leave the house the first thing I do when I return is to check the pond. I’m not sure why I’ve developed this habit, or what I expect to see, but it’s always the first thing I do. 

This time I checked the pond and found far fewer tadpoles than I expected. Before I left for the weekend lots of them had legs, now I’m thinking a whole bunch of them grew more legs and felt brave enough to hop out of the pond and explore. Guess I won’t be seeing a lot of them until next year when they should return to spawn. 

Having stood over the pond, I then took a good look around the garden. Suddenly every thing is in bloom. My garden has been blooming for a while, but not like this. 

Despite the weather, summer is now officially in residence in my garden. In fact the rain seems to have encouraged every thing to grow more. 

There’s not a lot more to say really, I’ve been away for 4 days and I’ve lots to catch up with both indoors and out. But for now………..I just enjoy looking at my blooming garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment