Tuesday 21 August 2012

July 15, 2009, Multiply, My Pond is ready to go



The pond is almost full.

It has been raining on and off all day which has increased the percentage of rainwater to tap water in the pond quite a lot.

 And in between the frequent showers, when the sun was shining and even quite hot, the grandchildren finished what the rain had began and filled the pond from watering cans.

The plants are planted and submerged, I’ve used old slate at one end to provide an easy entrance and exit for the wild life I’m expecting and……….to make the wild life feel welcome…………………… these two cheeky chappies are standing guard.
Next week I think I must go a froggie hunting.
15 Comments
Add a Comment
   

pestep55 wrote on Jul 17, '09
It wooks like it will be beautiful, love that you are taking extra steps to make wildlife visitors welcome /:-)

djdx wrote on Jul 15, '09
That will be fun if you get some frogs.

brendainmad wrote on Jul 15, '09
Sweet helpers and I really like your pond.

philsgal7759 wrote on Jul 15, '09
very pretty enjoy

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 15, '09
UPDATE;....... Bit of a setback, the water level is going down. This must mean I've not sealed it properly. I just hope the problem is with the way the overflow hole has been sealed, that's not too bad it's a few inches below the surface. If the plug hole turns out not to be sealed.............I will have to empty the whole thing and start again ..................have marked the water level and will check first thing in the morning.

mitchylr wrote on Jul 15, '09
It's looking good. I hope you manage to attract some wildlife, that would be great.

msowens1 wrote on Jul 15, '09
it is wonderful that you put so much of yourself into this... and that you are so happy... looks great!

veryfrank wrote on Jul 15, '09
I did notice that the water is clearing. It is looking good!!

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 15, '09
you like my froggie guards ??? lol :-))

kathyinozarks wrote on Jul 15, '09
thats good!

forgetmenot525 wrote on Jul 15, '09
thank you ladies..................I am actually beginning to feel as if I am achieving something, and I don't know if you can see but the water is clearing, the mud and debris has settled at the bottom.

greenwytch wrote on Jul 15, '09
congrats! looks like the kids are enjoying themselves. ; D

starfishred wrote on Jul 15, '09
cool loretta

bennett1 wrote on Jul 15, '09
How cool!! I love your garden pond.

kathyinozarks wrote on Jul 15, '09
what fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment