Tuesday 21 August 2012

March 1, 2009, Multiply, Spring has arrived in the garden



Spring has arrived in my garden.

Today was the first day of the year when I spent a couple of hours out in the garden. Signs of spring are every where.

The snow drops are in flower, there are buds popping out all over the place and other spring bulbs are shooting up from the containers.
I have been so busy recently, all I seem to have done these last few weeks is work in my kitchen; but today…………….I spent time in the garden. It feels as if I’ve not been out there for ages but of course in reality it is just a few short months.
During my visit to the garden center I couldn’t resist a couple of additions to the garden. I went there to find plants for the kitchen and came away with plants for the kitchen AND beautiful yellow primroses for the garden, plus two varieties of honeysuckle.
I’ve recently had some work done on my shed, I managed to find someone willing to move the shed door to a much more convenient position, which is great……………..not so great is the large pile of builders rubble I seem to be left with.
Guess I’ll figure out a way of getting rid of all that rubbish, at the moment I’m just happy to have my shed door moved and very happy to be back outside in the garden. This is the first ‘garden blog’ of the year…………………..no doubt the first on many.



13 Comments
Add a Comment
   

sandycaar wrote on Mar 4, '09
glad you can enjoy spring in your garden,,keep us posted as to the progress of your plants and bushes and such,,so many ppl enjoy gardening,,i do enjoy when spring starts arriving and there are flower and tree blooms everywhere,,of course it plays havic on the sinuses

luckebabe wrote on Mar 3, '09
I love Spring time when all the bulbs start popping up and everything greens up. trees budding.

esoterika713 wrote on Mar 3, '09
Very pretty flowers. I wish it was spring here. :(

esoterika713 wrote on Mar 3, '09
Here in Canada we won't be getting any spring like weather until the end of March and that is if we are lucky enough to have March go out as a lion. March came in like a lion so it should go out as a lamb.
Right now we are facing minus six with a wind chill that makes it feel more like minus twenty or more.
I might have some snow drops but for sure we have crocus' and scilla and we also have tulips.
I tried a year ago to get some more bulbs for the garden but our coordinator let the ball drop and I have not bugged him again for money. Perhaps, next fall I might ask because we could definitely use more.

acousticeagle wrote on Mar 2, '09
Yep, it's a good feeling when you know that's spring's in the air. But as for myself being an Australia, I'm far from that feeling. It's very windy in Tasmania, and Autumn's arriving fast.

Those new plants look very hopeful. My first thought pre spring is 'what veg am I going to plant?' And as usual I choose something pretty hardy. The soil here is pretty uninteresting and needs lots of feeding.

pestep55 wrote on Mar 2, '09
Lucky you! Very nice. I am looking forward to spring /:-)

greenwytch wrote on Mar 2, '09
oh, isn't it a wonder to feel everything waking up again? congrats on the new plants!

veroniquemariquita wrote on Mar 2, '09
Spring is in the air for sure. Sounds like you welcomed it with open arms!

brendainmad wrote on Mar 2, '09
There are lots of signs here too. How I love honeysuckle! Can't wait to see some more of your garden.

starfishred wrote on Mar 1, '09
wow you guys are way ahead of us-we still have frozen earth and today it is raining like heck but that is good-but this week we will be in the single digits again and the Alps are still snowing.

bennett1 wrote on Mar 1, '09
It is minus 17C here, so my snowdrops that came up a week ago are being very brave but are chilly. Winter lasts a long time here. Most of my bulbs are still under a nice mulch of oak leaves. But isn't it wonderful to be able to be out in the garden?? I shall be there in a month or so. Enjoy your time!!

veryfrank wrote on Mar 1, '09
Isn't it just great. I know the feeling, the snowdrops, crocus and anemone windflowers are up and the hyacinths are flirting with the last of the snow. We have an area perfect for primrose and they are going to be planted in a month.

dianahopeless wrote on Mar 1, '09
How cool that you bought some honeysuckle. And I so love the primroses, but they don't do too well here in the heat and humidity of Houston. i grew them when I lived in the Pacific Northwest though. (In every color I could get my hands on! LOL) I have been out pulling all that dead foliage off my pots. Things are starting to grow and i have seedlings to transplant. Gardening is such a joy!
BTW, that rubbish pile looks like it could easily be converted into a rock garden with succulents. ~giggles~

No comments:

Post a Comment