Tuesday 21 August 2012

Nov 23, 2008, Multiply, Garden Composting in the winter



It may be winter, there may be snow on the ground, but still I recycle in my garden. The composter remains in the corner and is fed with veggie peelings, coffee grounds and used herbal tea bags. The unwanted CD rack, which has been cluttering up my hallway for weeks, has found a new home nestling in between the Jasmin.
This can now be used as a frame to fix winter protection for these fragile plants and as an anchor for the trailing shoots as they grow in the spring. 
4 Comments
Add a Comment
   

djdx wrote on Nov 25, '08
Good idea.

acousticeagle wrote on Nov 25, '08
I really dig compost..ha ha, no kidding. It's great stuff. Look at that snow, wowee, as I've said, not a sight I'm used to being an Aussie. It's been raining here for a whole week and this morning it looks like spring here is returning. It might even be warm. Summer is not far away now here and you wouldn't know it yet, as least not in Tasmania.

dianahopeless wrote on Nov 24, '08
When we get moved into our own home again, I would love to set up one of those compost barrels that rotate. There is nothing plants love more than good compost.
I just love all the blue in your garden! I have quite a few blue planters. But I like the little blue fence and borders you have too.

starfishred wrote on Nov 23, '08
fun -some great ideas thanks loretta

No comments:

Post a Comment