Wednesday 22 August 2012

Feb 20 2012, Garden no 5



This is just a quick update on the composting situation. I decided to tackle the pile of fresh compost emptied from the compost bin on Friday. I’m still not feeling 100% so settled myself in a sheltered position on the steps.
I sat and brought the compost over one bucket at a time and sieved it into the tubs ready for planting. I’m really pleased with the results; I worked my way through about half of the pile and filled one big tub and one pot of finely sieved compost ready for planting. The bits of twig and organic matter that wouldn’t go through the sieve just went back into the compost bin. The whole thing is quite labour intensive, but it’s also satisfying to know I’ve reduced my contribution to landfill and returned all organic matter back to the earth. The only real problem was dragging the full up tub back off the steps and into position, must admit I never thought of the weight once it was full.
7 Comments
Add a Comment
   

reneenay wrote on Feb 21
nice

hotclaws wrote on Feb 21
I love my compost bins.

nemo4sun wrote on Feb 20
looks good

:)

kathyinozarks wrote on Feb 20
there is just nothing better than putting our hands into our very own home-made compost!
I sooo agree-great job Loretta

brendainmad wrote on Feb 20
Hope you feel better soon.

greenwytch wrote on Feb 20
there is just nothing better than putting our hands into our very own home-made compost!

mitchylr wrote on Feb 20
The whole thing is quite labour intensive, but it’s also satisfying to know I’ve reduced my contribution to landfill and returned all organic matter back to the earth.
That must make it doubly satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment